Till 26 February 2017 students and young professionals in design, architecture and engineering can register for 14th Techtextil Contest ‘Textile Structures for New Building 2017’ and win € 8,000.
This competition is designed to identify innovative thinking and innovative solutions to problems, featuring construction projects capable of concrete realisation which use textiles or textile reinforced materials.
The assignment is to create solutions in the following areas of textile building:
- Structural engineering – from construction using textile-reinforced concrete or plastics to construction using membranes for permanent and temporary, adaptable and mobile buildings
- Interior construction – including such developments as the use of polymer fibre-optic cables for light transmission, textile air-channel systems for draught-free air conditioning in rooms, movable sound-insulation walls in production facilities, etc.
- Product design for architecture
- An additional focal theme has also been included: ‘Suitability for re-use and recycling’
- Civil and industrial engineering
Winner benefits will include
- presenting your project to about 42,000 visitors from 102 countries in the special contest area at Techtextil 2017 in Frankfurt;
- attending Techtextil 2017 in Frankfurt including overnight accommodation;
- an invitation to the award ceremony during Techtextil 2017;
- winning one of the cash prizes from the total pay-out of € 8,000
Learn more and register: techtextil-student.com