Luxion released KeyShot 8 on October 2nd. The release is focused on updates in the following directions: materials and volume, lighting and optics, advanced geometry, image and output, and collaboration.
What’s new in KeyShot 8
- Real-time image adjustments with tone-mapping, shadows, highlights and color
- Cutaway applied as a material to any geometry. The Cutaway material allows to add and define the Cutaway Caps as a shaded color, the same material as the object being cut or a custom material.
- Particle and volumetric scattering for smoke and fog using Scattering Medium, a new Material Type in KeyShot 8.
- Material Graph to control geometry with displacement, bubbles (for spherical cavities) and 3-dimensional flakes
- KeyShot Viewer for interactive presentations