Pixar has released Renderman – their rendering software (with integrations to Maya, Houdini and Katana) with many improvements, fixes, and various changes for better skin and soft materials, more photorealistic hair, improved shaders and workflows.
New features of Renderman 21.5 include:
- Path traced (exponential and non-exponential) subsurface scattering
- Color remapping features to PxrHairColor
- Substantial improvements to Denoiser performance on the CPU
- Multiscatter now supports multiple samples
- More accurate behavior of xrSurface when thin shadows are enabled on glass-like surfaces